Our Coronavirus Response & Mitigation
As you are probably already aware, the COVID-19 Coronavirus strain is making its way around the world!
At Studio 54 Pilates, we take your personal health and safety very seriously. So, we want to put your mind at ease with the steps we are taking in the studio to keep our students and staff safe and healthy. We know how beneficial mindful movement can be when life gets a little stressful and chaotic and it’s our goal to create a safe, healthy environment where you can get some much needed “you time”!
If you are immune compromised or feeling unsafe coming to public areas we also want to give you some options to get your movement time in without coming to the studio!
Here’s what we are doing!
- Increasing how often the studio/restrooms/lobby are being cleaned. Including wiping down all surfaces, door handles, etc.
- Additional regular washing practices for all our hand straps on equipment.
- Continuing to use disposable antibacterial wipes.
- Providing you with complimentary hand-sanitizer.
- Latex gloves are available at the front desk or you may bring your own (one pair pp please)
- Staff are diligently washing their hands between classes and clients.
- Continuing to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak keeping you informed at all times and following governmental advice.
Here’s what you can do:
- Wipe down your equipment before and after every class.
- Hand-washing is your best self-defense against the spread of germs. You should wash for 30 seconds. You can sing the Happy Birthday song in your head or out loud twice if you don’t have a timer 🙂
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, are coughing or sneezing or are experiencing shortness of breath. If you are starting to feel ill please cancel your class or session early. Don’t wait until the last minute. If a member shows up with symptoms, the staff will politely ask them to leave. If you are interested in having your private Pilates session at home please inquire about our virtual options.
- Help us by being vigilant. If you have traveled to any of the countries where there are outbreaks of the virus, please follow guidance on the CDC website.
- Practice Self Quarantine After Travel. You could have been exposed without your knowledge as incubation is possibly 2 weeks. Please self-quarantine for 2 weeks after travel to be sure you are well and protect those who are immunocompromised.
- If you are Self Quarantining or plan to, we have DVD’s available for purchase you can use at home to keep your immune system and strength up.
- You can also purchase your own set of straps to bring to the Studio for your personal use at https://smile.amazon.com/Balanced-Body-Double-Loops-padded/dp/B0008PSMCA
We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies and public health officials, and we will update you as new information becomes available.
We are committed to making our studio a safe and enjoyable place for all. Thank you for being such a valued member of our Studio 54 family.
Joseph Pilates actually helped his people stay safe by keeping them strong with his Pilates method in the hospital during the Spanish Flu Epidemic.
“In 1912 Joe went to England, where he worked as a self-defense instructor for detectives at Scotland Yard. At the outbreak of World War 1, Joe was interned as an “enemy alien” with other German nationals. During his internment, Joe refined his ideas and trained other internees in his system of exercise. He rigged springs to hospital beds, enabling bedridden patients to exercise against resistance, an innovation that led to his later equipment designs. An influenza epidemic struck England in 1918, killing thousands of people, but not a single one of Joe’s trainees died. This, he claimed, testified to the effectiveness of his system.”